View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Default ($22): To push or not to push

Anything less than aces, it's an insta-push. But with aces in this spot, am I getting too fancy?

This was the first time SB limped into my BB, so I was afraid that pushing would make him fold pre-flop. This is not a bad beat post... But with aces here, is raising getting too fancy (should I just push pre-flop)?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2420)
CO (t1040)
Button (t1565)
SB (t1840)
Hero (t1135)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t100, <font color="red">Hero raises t300</font>, SB calls t300

Flop: (t1000) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">SB raises t1390 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t685 (All-in)</font>

Turn: (t2270) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t2270) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

Villain (obvious donkey) had 5h8h, hitting his flush. As I said, this is not a bad beat post. I mean, I got him to put his money in with the worst of it, but is there any justification for not pushing pre-flop?

This would be an insta push for me if he had already limped previously into my blind, only to be forced to fold to my push.