View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Whoah There, Nelly

Yes mark, I admit there are problems to resolve.

As for the neccesary work. Simple, everyone takes a turn for a period of thier lives. Medical problems excepted of course. Can't ask granny to toss boxes around on a loading doc.

The idea being to reduce the amount of life anyone spends working on the neccesities, thus freeing up the rest for higher (or lower) pursuits rather than wasting our lives making the rich richer.

Who decides. Everyone. True democracy. Everyone votes on every issue.

I agree, greed is a problem factor. As I've said in many places, everyone would have to come up a level in terms of thier thinking processes.

So true, capitalism is the best experiment to date for people as they are.

But, if everyone keeps thinking as they currently do, well then the current problems will continue. Simple as that.

Geez, the A-bomb has been around for half a century now. You'd think we'd all step back and realize it's time to manage the planet responsibly.

As for having already achieved Utopia... wake up, I mean seriously wake up. Ask the parent of any kid killed in an armed conflict if they believe that.

Anyway, bottom line is, we can do it. Truth is though, we won't until folks stop accepting the current dogma.

Sincerely,
AA