View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: December VIP offers anyone?

Some ISP's will suddenly decide to block e-mails from certain internet-gaming sites before they even make it to your bulk-folder.

When I had AOL they would do this and it was EXTREMELY frustrating.
First...they had party blocked for a month or two....then they had Empire blocked for a month or two. There was ZERO way to get your e-mails or HH's from many of the addresses at the sites.

And it took me forever to figure out why I wasn't getting the e-mails in the first place.
Bam...suddenly my HH's stopped coming (before they were automatically on the hard-drive I needed to have 100 HH's e-mailed at a time for poker-tracker).

They did it to Paradise and Stars at different points too...but both of those sites put up pop-ups that said 'attention: If you are an AOL customer then your e-mails from us are being blocked BY AOL. we are working with AOL to fix this problem.'
If Party had more quickly figured out the problem and given this courtesy it would have saved me a whole world of headaches.
(the cust-serv people at AOL didn't even know they were blocking AOL until I got the 4th or 5th rep there).

Anyway...I promise you that it does indeed happen (although might not have been the case in your situation).

One quick way to find out is to try to have your current e-mail address 'validated' under the my-account tab.
If you need to then get a different e-mail addres (like yahoo or gmail or whatever)....get that address on party validated...and you will be able to communicate with them while your ISP screws around blocking e-mails that you actually WANT.

Not sure if this was the case with you or not...but it certainly could still be happening to some people.