View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

DISCLAIMER: I'm not exactly killing the $22s. I've only played a couple hundred and am at 6% ROI. With that grain of salt....

Preflop: I don't see any wrong option here. IMHO, folding, limping, and raising all have merit.

Flop: Don't forget that tight/WEAK is generally the way to go early on here. I would favor checking even though we have top pair. The pot is so small, you won't take donks off with a bet here. It's not like most of these guys are sitting there calculating outs and pot odds. They are figuring, "what's another $40 to see if I make my straight and smack this mutha" or "what's another $40 with my pocket 9s that are so pretty I can't let them go even though I strongly suspect this dude has a J."

So in your position I play like a wet noodle and check behind even on the flop (sometimes I bet out, admittedly). Again I don't think it's wrong to check, and I don't think it's wrong to value bet.

At the turn I think checking behind is clearly the play. Time to get to the showdown as cheaply as possible. When busdecks moves all-in I hope I somehow have the courage to lay down my trips and move another hand closer to the bubble while still having t735.