View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Not your traditional \"how to play AA\" post

I was wondering what people thought about the best way to get the most chips out of Villian in this spot. I don't have any particularly strong reads, but Villian seems like a fairly solid TAG.

Fulltilt doesn't work with the converter, so here is the hand:

Middle of a $10 MTT tourney, 251 to start, blinds are at 100/200 with no ante yet.

Villian(12,130) raises UTG to 700
1 fold
Hero(7,880) calls 700 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
All else fold

[I flat called here for a specific reason. I knew that Villian had a hand and would call a small RR, but he would lay down to a big RR w/o a big hand. Several players at the table smooth called raises in the past, especially after 1 cold-caller. A couple even put in small RR's with big ace's and somewhat marginal pairs. So I flat called; too bad no one else got involved]

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot=1,700)

Villian checks

[So here were my feelings - I knew that at least 90% he has a big ace, but he may have checked KK w/ the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or maybe 99, but that's a longshot since he checked. He is folding EVERYTHING to a bet unless he has exactly AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I figured there is very little chance that he will put in any chips right now.]

Hero checks behind

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot=1,700)

Villian bets 600
Hero???

[OK, so now he put money in. He is usually bluffing here, in which case there is no more money to be made. Sometimes he has AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or KxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in which case he will call a small raise. Very rarely do I think I'm behind here.]

Hero raises it to 1,800 total

What do you guys think? Is there a better way to get more money out of Villian when he is behind?