View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: semi-bluffed all the way to the river...and I miss.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn. The donkbet sucks. I might push the flop since you definitely have at least 13, possibly 16 outs and some fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback. Looking back, I can see that if I make a move, the flop might be the place to do it.

As played, my turn bet seems to have slowed him down...do you think I had any fold equity on the river? Or was a check fold the right way to go?

Also, if I going to continue to be aggressive on the turn, would a bigger bet be more effective? If I fire out $35-$40 (roughly 2/3 pot), do you thimk that incraeses the chances he lets his hand go? I don't typically play draws this agressively, but I am working on mixing up my play and finding the right situations be aggressive with a strong draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the big problem with flat calling the flop is that you are OOP on the turn. As a result, either push the flop, or if you do just call and miss...check the turn hoping for a cheap river. A bet on the river is surely just throwing money away, as villian pretty obviously likes his hand