View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: When Villains Attack

Thanks a bunch for the responses. They actually really helped me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
In all honesty, I think it's counter-productive to burn lots of mental energy on the debate you describe in the first post when you're talking about the shallow-stack no-limit SNGs that almost all of us here play.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely true. But as I described in my OP, it's all about learning how to control pot size, which is valuable even to SNGers. Moreso to those who play on Stars, of course.

[ QUOTE ]
In your sample HH, villain could have anything. I'd really have to be sitting at the table to make a decision. Sometimes I'd fold AJ, sometimes I'd call down with middle pair. It all depends whether I think he's FOS or not.

[/ QUOTE ]This is why I wanted to avoid posting a specific hand. I was wondering whether it was possible to generalize. I'll just chalk this up as "This move is so uncommon to see, it's generally a donk who got hit hard by the turn card." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
This move was discussed in MTT sometime back

[/ QUOTE ]
Link please?

Thanks again. If anybody else has a comment on the seldom-seen check/call, lead turn line, I'd love to hear it.