View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: TT vs.a small army of coldcallers

With his ordinary TAG numbers, I reason along these lines; with the preflop cold call it's quite obvious that he has either a PP (perhaps 99) or two big suited cards. His flop raise confirms this, at that point he most definitely has either a set or a club flush draw with like AJs-QJs (I don't see him cold call two bets preflop with a smaller suited connector). When he just calls the 3-bet it smells flush draw, but since it's HU he could still have a set, waiting to pop the turn.

The three of clubs really either gives him a boat or complete a flush, and again, as I don't see him cold call two bets with smaller clubs preflop, a fourth club on the river won't bail us out. And against a set we're drawing dead.

This is a really easy bet/fold, the question is what to do if he just calls. If he just calls, it could either mean he has a made flush and is afraid of us having a full house, or he is slowplaying. But even if we're certainly beat I still have a hard time folding for one additional bet, so I believe a check/call on the river is in order.

So, bet/fold the turn, and check/call the river.