View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: 5$: new to this section of forum, QJs early

I probably would fold this, but I can certainly see are argument for playing it. With the two limpers in front of you and if the table has been fairly passive I might play it.

As for your line on the flop, I think I just flat call here with this many involved. You have a good number of outs with your flush draw and two overs, but I don’t think a raise is going to win you the pot and you open your self up to a re-raise and getting pushed off the hand. Also, MP1 re-raise is too small so I’d call now that I’m this far. But now I’m worried about a set.

As for the turn, meh…I honestly have no idea what UTG could have here. Q5, Q3, Q2 seems strange for an UTG limp. AQs/KQs is unlikely because he would have gave up on the flop with all that action not having a diamond draw. Maybe he was getting pretty with AA/KK/QQ? QQ’s not good if that’s what he has. Also, MP1 is still behind you and I’m still expecting to see a big hand from him (55, 33, 22).

But, I dunno, this is tough now that you’re this far with 30% of your stack in the middle. I call I guess because of the size of the pot and expect MP1 to come along as well. Spike your diamond on the river and win a huge pot.

Edit: Just looked at your results. I was way off I guess, except in think you were beat. A4 never entered my mind for some reason, maybe because it's 2am.