View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Help with preflop play for some specific hands

Ok, after 11k hands Im beating the party 25NL for 7BB/100 but after studying my poker tracker Im losing money with certain hands and I wanted to get some ideas on how else I should be playing them.

1) when do you limp or cold call a bet with suited connectors or small pocket pairs?

-would you be more inclined to play a 67s than a 45s? would you be more inclined to play a 77 than a 33?
-do you always fold these type of speculative hands from early and middle position?

2) do you ever limp with AQ from EP or is it automatically a raise from anywhere. When you do raise with AQ,AK but you are OOP and miss the flop will you check more often than you make a continuation bet?

3)When should I play AJ,KJ. I always fold these hands to a raise but I usually open with them from the button, co and co+1. should I be playing these differently?

I would like to hear some comments on how to play these hands preflop. I know it often depends on the type of table you are sitting at but lets make some generalisations. I think many people will have different opinions on this and personally I could crush the 25NL games if I tweaked a few of these things