View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: AA Hand - Correct amounts to Bet?

Yeah you must have helped me out with a numerous posts in the micros. Hey is there a good link to a preflop guide for NL from 2+2ers? I searched the forusm but I generally get the "its postflop play that matters" threads.

Anyway here are the results: Villain shows KK. MHIG!

[ QUOTE ]
One of the benefits of just calling the flop raise is that it gives you an escape hatch by controling pot growth.

If I just call the flop, I'll donk the turn for 2/3 PSB, no matter what comes. If a scare card falls and my opponent raises anyway, I pop the hatch and bail. Suprisingly often, the opponent will fold. If he calls with a flush draw, he's making a mistake. If he doesn't fold and he doesn't raiise, you're often put to a difficult decision as to how to play the river. Blocking bets come to the rescue to make this a bit easier.

Most of my ~4000 posts were in the micros forum. If you were hanging out in that forum even 6 months ago, you were probably assaulted by drivel from me. My poker career started in limit & I switched not long ago to no-limit. I played about 250k hands at limits up to 5/10. I was pretty good, not the best ever. After I switched to no-limit, I realized that this is a better game for me. Or rather, I am better suited to no-limit than to limit.

[/ QUOTE ]