View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: $100NL 1/2 cardroom SUPER LAG

This sounds exactly like the NL game I play at in my local card room. Everything you say here happens EXACTLY the way it happens in my game. Anyway, here is my tought. I've been in this situation before and above everything patients is a virtue. If you start loosening up your starting hand requirements, then you would be playing just like everybody else.

What you want to do is to keep playing tight and catch good cards. If the flop hits you you want these guys to pay you off with 2d best hands. It works everytime. Ex: you have AK with a TPTK hand and someone calling you down with A7o. Granted they don't hit their 3 outter, they will pay you off nicley. Some nights you are going to only grind out about 20 bucks or so but you will beat the game in the long run.

Also, try to play more suited connectors in MP and LP and even try to see a flop with ANY pocket pair. You are going to miss most of the time but when you do hit, you WILL get paid. Good luck! (I'm guessing there are a lot of family pots)