View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: QQ in a big pot, how\'s my line

This is pretty much how I'd play it. I don't think you can slow down until the turn 3-bet (that's when things get real).

If his AF is a little lower, then you can slow down to his turn bet. There are so many variables on this.

First of all... I don't even use total AF any more. All my AF's for my player reads are broken into the streets. If he's 6.0 AFF and 1.0 AFT, then I would have slowed down to the turn bet, since you put in the last action on the flop. If he's 1.0 AFF, 6.0 AFT, then I would have slowed down on the flop.

Another thing to consider is that you're dragging another player around with you on the turn. This player (MP1) CC's 2 on the turn after CC'ing 2 on flop (and calling 2 more after the cap). I would put him on 2 clubs or a hand like 98. I don't think the 9 helped him with a straight, but that's also kinda hard to tell, since there's no read for him. Assuming typical player, I would say you have a decent chance of being safe on that card, especially after the CC on the turn.

The main thing to consider when dragging another player around like this on the turn, is how good are you vs SB? If you believe that you are 50/50 here, on the turn due to his past behaviour, then you may consider just capping the turn, since you are getting 2:1 to any aggressive action with MP1's contributions. Factoring in the possible holdings of MP1 and SB, you may be much better than 2:1 here.

Again... you're line was best. Consider capping turn if you understand better your opponent (street aggro factors help here) and consider MP1 and his stats as well.