View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Can the World be a Happy place?

[ QUOTE ]
So you said my mother doesn't respect me? Damn that is harsh. How do you know that? You are able to infer close details of my personal relationship with my mother based upon a snippet of a conversation I posted in here? What makes you able to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I read your post and the only part I found interesting was the fact she did not try to change your mind.

Did she do this because she wants her son to live with a negative view of the world? No mother would want that

Did she do this because she has learned in the past you don't change your mind when she tries to debate with you? Good chance.

I guess you could have been so convincing that she has changed her view. I hope not.

I would not respect someone that I felt was incapable of changing his or her mind. So I assume your mom does not respect you.

I do not think you are on the right or wrong side of this debate as it is a toughie. I do think the chance of you changing your mind if you happen to be wrong is very low.

And I know for a fact that the world is an unhappy place when your mother does not respect you unhappy for you and for her. I'm not even happy about it!