View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: 3/6: Call-CR Blind defense with AA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that 99 is raising the turn and calling a 3-bet. This would be a rather large mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my bad, I didn't realize we were playing against a player who played mistake free poker.

Just kidding, man... I'm worried that I came across as a complete prick in my original response to this thread. I know most of the hands I listed aren't realistic, it's just that I started listing the hands that were beating us, and the list ended up being longer than I expected. But I still don't think you should dismiss a hand from an opponent's possible holdings just because his play would be a mistake with it.

If you never expected your opponents to make mistakes, there wouldn't be much reason to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's impossible just unlikely. This guy seems, on the face of it, to have some idea what he's doing PF. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that he makes less large mistakes post flop then someone with LAG or LP stats on average. Not to mention that given his stats, this isn't the kind of post flop mistake he would be inclined to make since he looks a little weak tight so far.