View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Playing perfect poker with the cards face up

Ok how about this situation:

The players going round the table (TcTd in the SB) have (with their twodimes EV):

Note: Although in actual fact when playing perfectly and when ones opponents are also playing perfectly, does position (with the exception of the blinds) make no difference?

Tc Td 0.056
Kd Jd 0.160
6s 5s 0.201
7d 6d 0.145
Ts Th 0.056
Js Ad 0.100
3d Ah 0.070
Ac 2c 0.125
2d 2h 0.087

Assume a limit game.

Now if you can tell me who is the favorite in this hand, how much they will win and exactly how this hand should play out then I will concede that playing face up is trivial. (although 56 has the highest EV does not mean that it should play and everyone else should fold)

To be honest I would struggle to even tell you which hands should play before the flop, after all, the AJ has only one A to run for, the pair Ts are the current best hand but have nothing to draw to, the KdJd has pretty much had his flush chance killed by the number of other diamonds already in play, and so it continues. I would not like to try and guess who should be betting, folding or raising PF. Things probably get much simpler on the flop, but there are still other issues to look at.

Tim