View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: I don\'t know if this was addressed in the gigabet stack size thread...

I *think* the idea with those stack sizes would be that taking the 49 end of a 49/51 v. another big stack if you are a big stack would be a good idea, because it would create a new plateau with you at 40K at at least double everyione else's stack. But that taking the same coin flip with a 10K stack is not a good idea because winning doesn't distinguish your stack. An extension of this is that the 10K stacks should be slightly more afraid of playing for their stack vs. the 20K's, because doubling up only puts them on par with several others (as opposed to a 20K/10K/10K/10K/10K/etc setup, where becoming the only 20K has some additional value).

Edit: there's a catch-22 here though in that if there's is 1 20K and 7 10K's, the advantage the 20K supposedly has disappears if all of the 10K's play as though getting to be the only 20K has an additional advantage (that is, if they are willing to gamble to double up and become him, and push around all the 10K stacks who are afraid to gamble...). I think Gigabet-theory may be eating its tail some of the time, but I don't claim to understand it well enough to be sure.