View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Controversy over symbols and racism .

[ QUOTE ]

I lived in Mississippi for a year and never saw a black person displaying the flag. This outrageous statement seriously discredits your earlier arguments

[/ QUOTE ]

So just because you haven't personally seen a black person display the flag, then you think it is empirical evidence that it never happens?

Many blacks are proud of the *true* heritage of that flag, despite what you may think. Granted, it is a shame that racist hate groups later adopted it's use...along with the American flag, mind you, and somehow succeeded in changing it's meaning in the minds of those who are too weak to filter through the racist hate propoganda.

As a proud black man who doesn't let racist hate groups change my view of history or symbols, I refuse to give in to that viewpoint, and I display that flag proudly to honor both my ancestors and those in this state that fought and died under it for something they believed in.

So if it just takes you seeing one black person displaying the flag to open your eyes, come take a stroll back down south, we can sit under the navy jack and you can nibble on my sweet dark chocolate as I explain to you just how un-outrageous my statement really is.