View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: another river bet/fold (WA/WB)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you fold to the flop raise? What do you think he would raise with there besides a Q, KK or AA?

[/ QUOTE ] I played this hand last night, and though I'm specifically aware that Villian was new to the game, I honestly don't remember if I noticed that the board was paired. I do know that I was surprised that it was paired after I posted it this morning.
But, at any rate, I see players raise middle pp's and AK all the time after being 3 bet pre-flop.
Though that doesn't take into consideration his 2 cold calls preflop play. Usually players who will raise middle pp and/or AK on the flop raised preflop and then called a 3-bet.
I think, though, that the pot is big enough to try and protect one way or another. It's 7bb by the time it gets back to me on the flop. I'm getting 3-1 to see a SD, and even on this board, I don't think those are bad odds.
After that Ace rivers, though, I basically praying he had a middle pp. I can see check folding but I'm not sure I could do that getting 11-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
And how are you doing? Do you have a positive BB/100? I only play 1/2 mostly. Maybe the 3/6 game is different.