View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Silly me - I actually

had high hopes for this thread.

I missed the TV report that began all this but I think it's safe to say that the OP was asking whether there was anyone so INTERESTING you'd pay 16k for an hour of his/her time. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't think this was intended to become a "who could I PROFIT ($$$) from enough in an hour to make a 16k expenditure +EV".

Assuming my lunch companion were to be 99.9% forthcoming in his/her responses (assuming my questions were appropriate) I would - in no particular order - cough up the fee for the following . . .

Peter Kramer (Author of Listening to Prozac + at least one other book)

My fiance's grandmother (You would too if you knew her)

Doyle Brunson (This adheres to the rules since IMHO he has little to offer these days re. strategy)

The Dalai Lama (I only inserted this name in the middle of the list so as not to have it sound as if I were [obnoxiously] saying, "do any of you imbeciles ever have a thought that is deeper than a puddle" ?)

Tony Blair (brilliant man whether you agree with his politics or think him a freak in this arena)

Bill OR Hillary Clinton (in the case of the latter it would be worth the fee just to see what it's like for a nose to grow right before my eyes - that said, both are obscenely brilliant, inciteful individuals)

David S. (noted poker author though it's unlikely the conversation would ever touch on poker)

- Killed me to add that one, I REALLY dislike being viewed as a suck-up.

I suddenly realize there are far too many to name; if you'll all excuse me I need to run out and buy some lottery tickets. At 16k/per I'll never earn enough money to dine with all those whom I'd like to spend an hour with.

Note that there are several people on this list with whom I can dine anytime I wish (most will even grab the check). I chose to answer the question in terms of whose company/insight is WORTH 16k for an hour's worth - even if I can (and do) get said company for free whenever I want it.