View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Official High Boltage Thread (SD-Indy)

[ QUOTE ]

The Pats have been fortunate enough that they have few 'superstars' that demand huge money. Edge is going to want big money, Peyton already gets ginormous money, and I forget what Harrison's situation is, but I don't think he is/will stay cheap. Somebody will give Reggie Wayne big money. ditto for a guy like Dallas Clark...once guys get rings (IF the Colts win a ring [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) your players become more attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Manning is signed to what looks like a huge deal, but its not like he isn't going to be renogotiating it when it starts to effect the cap. Harrison is already signed, as well as Stokley ( who for some reason got a deal before wayne [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ).
Edge is probably going to go elsewhere, unless they franchise him again.
Wayne is definitely going to get big offers from teams with a need at WR if they let him get to the open market. If they let it get that far, I don't think they'll be able to sign him because someone is going to step up with the peerless price style desperation offer.
Freeny is locked up for one more year. No way they let him get anywhere near free agency, and it isn't going to be cheap to keep a guy who has arguably had the best start to a career of any pass rusher ever.

The Colts are going to have to get really creative to keep this together, but Polian is as good as any GM in the league and that ought to be able to keep things going in the right direction.