View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: planning Atlantis trip

*Bitchy rant to follow*

I'm kind of bummed about this meal plan setup, since qualifiers are effectively being forced to eat certain meals at certain times. Any time I feel like eating room-service, I have to engage in a -EV endeavour.

It's also a little bit weird that tips, both in restaurants and for the bellman, are included in all this. I think it should be up to us, the customer, to determine how much we want to tip in a given situation, not Pokerstars to set a standard. And needless to say, since our servers have been conpensated in advance, they have no real incentive to provide good service. Also, it's going to be awkward NOT tipping the bellman. I'm sure I'll wind up overtipping.

I believe Stars implemented the meal plan system in response to complaints about the cost and quality of the food last year. Not sure how this will solve the problem since I'm sure the food will still suck at the Atlantis, and those of us who (quite reasonably) opt to eat in our rooms or go off property for dinner will have to pay extra, while giving up part of the equity of our prize package.