Thread: AA no reads
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: AA no reads

[ QUOTE ]
KK,QQ,JJ are not an option, due to Villian's preflop behaviour.

TT is not an option, because Villian saw OP raise preflop and continuation bet into a large field, meaning there is a very good chance that TT will not stand up. The average $25NL player is under-aggressive, not over-aggressive.

The average $25NL player is there for a reason. Their postflop play is not very good. You'll see tons of guys call allin's on the flop with a flush or straight draw, but not make the allin.

Personally, I think the guys that have posted so far have given the standard $25NL player too much credit. They tend to be overly loose, yes. But they also tend to be overly passive. To check raise allin with a flush or straight draw shows A) an understanding of the real odds of making his draw and B) fold equity. This is a level of play your standard $25 NL player simply does not have.

So your average $25 player is a passive one, meaning he's only going to be playing like this with a made hand. (Sets, 98s) The only draw the average passive $25 player would consider this play on is J10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and 67[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case you're not looking good either way.

I fold.

Opinions on this logic? (agree or disagree?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes great sense, but I would agree with the others and say I would still probably call, especially in the 30 seconds or so you have to act.