Thread: Building pots
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Building pots

Your pre-flop game plan sounds fine. VPiP of under 20 for 6-max is low. I think 22-25 is probably optimal. My PFR % is 7-8, but I think that I am probably a little weak-tight. Post some more hands where you think you lost value or missed an opportunity.

If I had a magic trick to stack an opponent every time I hit a set do you think I'd be playing SSNL? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] When you have a hand you need a good 2nd best hand(or a complete idiot as an opponent) to get paid. Sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Don't bet small to induce a raise. It screams monster. Make a normal bet. If the board is 333 and you have A3 go ahead and make a reasonable bet. No one will put you on 3 and anyone with a pocket pair higher than 66 probably calls you down. Over cards might also pay to see the turn and if they hit they may even give you more action. Waiting until the turn or river to wake up and start betting isn't fooling anyone and the guys it does fool will also call your flop bets.

The key to getting paid is to not be predictable. If I have an opponent with PT stats of 15/5, I am not calling any raises unless I've got a made hand. Don't be that guy.