Thread: KK line 5/10
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: KK line 5/10

Interesting responses...are there no hands that don't have the Hero crushed? Could the villain do this with just an 8 or a 7? What about 78, then you'd have 8 outs=4.6:1, getting over 7:1. What if your opponent has some sort of draw...with 2 flush draws on board and a straight draw, this seems likely.

This situation does seem like a fold to me, too...but do all of those things lead me to believe that this is a good situation to check behind on the turn and call a river bet? I mean, sure, there are lots of draws that we'd like to charge if we knew what they had, but half the river cards are scare cards and this board makes our hand look weak. And in 5/10 6max, don't most villains bluff the river on the missed draw when you check behind the turn anyways? So in that case, we always spend the same amount whether we win or lose, whereas betting gets us to win the same amount or lose more.

Does anybody agree on the check behind line? If so, what turn cards would you bet? A small spade giving you nut flush draw? A K obviously...