View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Don\'t ever think of folding KK pre-flop

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember your post correctly, there was a lot of action (from decent players), and you had a feeling that you 'might' be facing aces. But you still called, correct? And as much as it sucks, I think that the consensus was that it was the right call (one that I would have made as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand went like this. UTG raised to t85 on L1 or L2. QuasiFiction made is 225 from early MP. Action to me. My point was, although I don't know QuasiFiction, he is a top 5 leaderboard player. So he either knows what he's doing, or he is a sucker. I tend to put him into a thinking player camp, so I had narrowed his hand range down to AA/KK. I had KK, and since I knew I was either a tie or a loss, I wondered if I should consider folding. I called because that's my auto-pilot, 8 tabling default line. But even though I 8 table, it slows down enough for me that I could have thought this whole thing through. So why I didn't fold, I don't know.

Regarding 'never' having a read so strong, I doubt that. I think my example I gave you was good. My advice is to start thinking about the way you play QQ. Then when you come across a player like me/Quasi/others, you'll see a subtle difference sometimes, perhaps.

Of course, this only applies to L1 or L2. Beyond that, I never fold kings.