View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Don\'t ever think of folding KK pre-flop

Hey chuck, actually I was thinking of this post from today:

[ QUOTE ]
It's like the 4th hand of the STT. Somehow I've managed to loose t100. That's not the point here. I'm in the BB, with KK. It's folded to Button who makes it t40. SB calls, I raise to t150. Button (has me covered) moves all-in. SB calls. Hero??

Is this one of the rare cases I should fold, or do I press Call and close my eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was from an 11. I should say that on the 33s and below, I would never fold KK pre-flop regardless of the action. (Disregarding some ridiculous, contrived bubble scenario.)

If I remember your post correctly, there was a lot of action (from decent players), and you had a feeling that you 'might' be facing aces. But you still called, correct? And as much as it sucks, I think that the consensus was that it was the right call (one that I would have made as well).

I would just say that I'm a winning player on the 33s and below, but I know my limitations: I will never have a 'read' so strong that I'm folding KK pre-flop. And nobody else on the 33s and below should either because of the tremendous donkey factor. But I do understand your point though....