View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: buying an elliptical

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

Didn't you post a link once about someplace (other than DD) that has good prices on KBs? And didn't you have an adjustable one? Where'd you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have a regular 35 lb. one and an adjustable one that goes from 35 lbs. to 70 lbs. It's from USKettlebells.com. I like it a lot, it's very high quality. Expensive, but it comes with good package deals on DVD's and it's much cheaper than buying a bunch of quality kettlebells.

I like it a lot because the edges are perfectly round. There are things that hold dumbell plates together, but they're not as perfectly round as something cast to be round. And since the kettlebells lean on your forearms and sometimes hit them if you're clumsy or just new to using them, I don't need edges involved. Smooth as a baby's butt is what I want.

Anyway, I like it a lot. I'm saving up for an 88 lb. fixed weight one now. It's worked really great for me and made me a lot stronger.

The only negative about the ajustable one I have is that the handle inexplicably has a small ridge on the bottom, which makes it less comfy to swing than a regular kettlebell. That can be sanded down with a dremel or something. I like swings but am busy doing other things with it though, so I don't mind. Still, it was a pretty retarded design decision. Everything else about it is top quality and really nice though.