View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Falcons @ Bears: Opportunity Knocks

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious what the Chicagoans who know something about football are saying after last night's game.

I'd imagine the consensus is that Grossman has always been the better QB, Lovie made the right decision at halftime, and that we could go deep in the playoffs but a Superbowl ring is something close to 0%. Is that about right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Bear fan living in WI (still get Chicago radio). Your points from Florida are pretty much spot on.

1) Grossman has been the better QB, 8 game winning streak was not due to Orton. He made some good throws but is a rookie 4th round pick. Defense and running game has been winning the games.
2) To go deep in playoffs, the offense had to improve. I'm tired of national media saying "Orton did what was asked....he's managing the game....he won 8 games in a row". The Bears need to improve on 32nd (last) ranked passing attack and lowest rated starting QB.

2 yards of total offense in 1st Quarter last night. Granted they had no field position but if it got to 3rd and 6, forget it. 29th in NFL 3rd down conversions (terrible last 3 weeks w/ Orton).

I'm not going to say 0% chance for SuperBowl because:

A) Defense is legit
B) Offense is upgraded w/ Grossman (O-line has played well, good running backs, top flight WR in Muhammed).
C) NFC is not that strong, other than Seattle & Carolina.
D) Bears have been underrated all year. I haven't always believed. NFL things can happen seemingly overnite.

I'm also not on ebay buying my tickets for Ford Field. I'd love it if they went.