View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: J7 suited - keep fishin?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should discount the set possibilities somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But BB is getting 1:12 for a call, which makes it profitable to call with 2 pairs or (of course) a set. Maybe its better to cap it to cut down the odds (and you may - although unlikely - be ahead of UTG as well) and then just c/c the river. How about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If UTG has QJ, then we want BB in. If UTG has a set, we want BB to stay in. (If UTG has a set, we lose if the board pairs anyway, except on the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].) There's a remote chance UTG has T8 and BB has 93, but I think we can mostly disregard that. T8 seems pretty unlikely for UTG.

It's when UTG has a worse straight (or something he's losing to us badly with) that we want to put pressure on BB, and even then we don't mind him staying in unless he has 4 outs or better. He's not folding anything we want him to except maybe two pair, and if his two pair is, say, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], then he only has 3 outs against us, which isn't too troubling.

Since we only want to put pressure on him under a specific set of circumstances (and even then it's close), I think we can let him call just one more bet.

There is the question of whether or not we have a cap for value, though, and I'm not sure.