Thread: Building pots
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Building pots

So you want to wait for someone to have a better hand than you so they will give you some action? See how dumb that sounds. Lead out when you flop a set. Most of the time no one believes and you will get action. The best way to disguise a monster is to play it like a scared AK or something similar.

Giving a free card is rarely ever correct unless you hold 55 on a 445 flop. Giving someone infinite odds to hit a backdoor straight or flush is not +EV.

Sounds to be like your bigger problem is that you are predictable. You bet when you have a hand and fold when you don't. So if you flop a set and bet, of course everyone is going to fold.

Do you give action? By that, I mean do you raise with SCs on the button? Will you open the betting on the flop with an OESD? When villains see you starting to get aggressive with what they perceive as trash hands then your monsters will get plenty of action.

How often do you raise pre-flop? Is your raise amount the same with AA vs AQ UTG? How often do you CB? Is it the same amount whether you hit the flop or not?

I'm sure not every one of my questions applies to you, but I'm guessing more than one does (and if not you, then others here).