View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: NL $100, How to get away from top pair vs. sets?

Hand one:

Be careful raising AQo from the BB. Not a powerhouse hand to be played oop in a full ring. Anyways, why did you raise the river? What possible hand could he have that you are beating that will call this raise? I can think of one, AJ (MAYBE). The river raise is utter garbage, the villian is letting you off big time by raiseing like a four year old girl. Dont help him out with ridiculous reraises.

Hand two:

This one is better, but I'd check behind on the turn for pot control. The check raise is scary and is pretty mucha standard line for a set imo (bet flop, c/r allin turn). I dont need to tell you that it works really well for stacking tp/tk.

Checking behind on the turn does not oblige the c/r and since there are no realy draws and only two overcrads that scare you it seems to be a good idea. You can hten decideto call his (smaller) beton the river or make a read if hes got a set. FWIW I'd end up calling a river bet here, but I doubt he'd push the river and so you get away with a much cheaper showdown.