View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Let Me Paraphrase President Bush\'s speech tonight:

[ QUOTE ]
If the public debate stalls at petty name-calling

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, doesn't it stink when debate stalls at name-calling? Let's examine, shall we?

---------------------------

[ QUOTE ]
"There is a difference between honest critics who recognize what is wrong, and defeatists who refuse to see that anything is right."

I get so frustrated by the many people who are in the latter category -- and I think your post and that of the OP post are suggestive of that attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hate petty-name calling -- but RussianBear and I are defeatists who refuse to see that anything is right.

Yes, it's quite apparent you really disdain name-calling.

Let's look deeper into the many ways you've raised the level of debate:

[ QUOTE ]
The approach of angrily denouncing Bush and using cheap arguments

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect you probably just hate Bush so much

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I really fear that the rise of a leftwing outlets like moveon.org have encouraged the same lazy and sloppy thinking that the Rush Limbaughs brought to rightwing zealots in the 90s (and continue to supply).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just hate name-calling too, and all those stupid, lazy, and intellectually spurious MoveOn folk and their right-wing zealot counterparts are just lazy name-callers who don't engage in hightened debate -- such as calling others zealots who are engaged in lazy and sloppy thinking.

Like I said, I just hate all those douchebag name-callers too. What dickheads those name-callers are.

I fear hypocrisy much more than I fear partisan outlets, and it's not even close.