View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Apparently I can\'t dress myself

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Final advice -- girls dig shoes. I mean they REALLY dig them. And not at all just on themselves. I've heard them countless times saying they judge a man by his shoes and that it's a good idea. In all seriousness. It's the kind of "last detail" that proves to some of them that you're "really" classy or rich or hip or whatever the code words are for it these days. (Along with a good belt, to a far lesser extent.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're still talking about black or browm leather shoes? any particular brands I should look out for? Or will just going to nordstroms etc work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoes make the man, it is a fact. You can dress semi-decent, but the shoes will take it over the top... its a very important accessory that is neglected by the average man.

The key to shoe shopping is leather soles, 90% of the time they will be made in Italy (because the best shoes are always made in Italy). Your signature shoe should never have rubber soles, nor should it be too "clunky"... streamline is the key. Personally I prefer ankle high boots, but they may be a bit too expensive for your budget.

The trick to leather soles is that even though you are buying them for the leather on the bottom, you will never actually wear them that way. Take the to a great shoe repairman to have no slip rubber bottoms installed, your shoes will last for ages with this little bit of extra care.

Another great trick is the shine. Unless you have patent leather shoes, don't do for the "spit" shine, always leave the leather semi-dull. It may make some cobblers look at you cross-eyed, but since you know better than to take fashion advance from someone who has black shoe polish stains on their fingertips its safe to ignore the funny looks cause you will look dashing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]