View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Is this a push? Can someone run the numbers.

OK, I'm done.

I might have lied to you. The calling ranges make a HUGE difference here. Estimating either is a bit challenging (read on both might help). More so for BB obviously.

I think with you pushing, SB would be hard pressed to join in here. We'll work with 44+,AT+,KQ+.

BB: Somewhere between the 'loose' and 'maniac' defaults would be my guess. Where the former gives you a green light, and the other range would have you folding. Given the "can't fold a PP to a 4x"...but tightening up the Ace a bit, how about something like this: 22+,A6+,K9s+,KJ+,QJ+ .....bah, still no good -.1

We need something in the "22+,A9+,KQ+" range to make this slightly better than marginal.

Again, back to the read. 900 more isn't nothing to sneeze at. Can he give you enough credit for pushing OVER shortie here, to tighten him up to a decent Ace? Perhaps.

You also have the problems on NOT pushing. You only have 4bb's yourself. If you pass, shortie needs to push any two here. With his double-up, you're looking at being shortie. Next hand, you'll be in a little better shape. A must 'any two' push, with ample FE however.

Considering the range we need BB to be on here - and you're "better" push next hand, folding is reasonable. Close enough where I wouldn't lose sleep over pushing unsuccessfully either.