View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: LImping with AK and AQ in early levels

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Mr_J. My comment was directed to this quote

[ QUOTE ]
You may lose hand value pre-flop...but you save when you miss and you gain in disguised kicker strength when you hit (bump in implied odds I mean...)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are more likely to give you credit for a good kicker with a paired ace after you've raised pre-flop than if you've both limped in....(duh)

My thinking would be flawed against good players, admittedly...but the 1st level will often hold unknown fishies....

My point is that if I raise now - a decent fish may dump his A x...but if I limp and we both pair the ace post-flop, he'll call down plenty of bets. He may think his medium ace the best hand 'cuz surely someone would've raised with a 'good' kicker, right?

Generally...it seems that I take a bigger pot in level 1 when my AK hits with limping in than with raising. No data for you...just a memory thing - which I know can be flawed.

Thats not really the whole reason I limp in level 1 with these hands...but its a nice side effect.

And the - I pair - someone else two pairs thing is generally rare enough to not worry me that much. It happens. Oh well.

I'm sure my thinking obviously exposes the buy-ins I play at too.........