View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Free card play - Do we use it enough? Dicussion.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jason Pohl advocates in the end that a simple fold on the flop is usually better than calling or raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's close, but I don't want the rest of the table see me fold for one bet on the flop heads-up after raising. For that reason, I usually peel. Sometimes I'll raise. When I've got AA or KK, I often flat call the donk bet on the flop, then pop them on the turn. This seems to be an effective balancing strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This come in more at higher stakes as jason pohl says and im sure many of us are aware... The lower stakes players(some 3/6 5/10 players here to and higher up) are surfing web/chatting on aim and unless involved the hand miss these things.

If you peel "because you want a strong image" as such, it's not worth the SB it costs you, you're probably better off finding the fold button rather than making a -EV decision for "table image" reasons. Just be aware of some players taking more shots at you.

i think you'll have OC's way more often that AA/KK so this "balancing" is infact a pleasent thought but not a reality.

This is ofcourse assuming that 1 in 20 guys actually notes it down or remembers it... and that the guy actually uses the information.

Dont mean to nit pick [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i definatly see where your coming from with that post mate.

POKhER