View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: should I have dumped this?

Tough to dump it, but I hate the reraise.

There are only a few hands that could justify lazyrobs push...a made flush, AA or KK each with the spade, or as a long shot top pair with the As. The pairs would almost certainly have raised pre-flop, so I have to believe he has a made flush or the As and a pair. 13 of the 28 made flushes he could have include the A or K, so you are a very slight favorite over a random flush, and there are the other As hands that you are a head of. That reasons for at least calling his push.

What can the reraise gain though? With a made flush you have no great desire to isolate against lazyrob in the first place, and also, what could possibly call the push and call?
Basically the same hands that I put lazyrob on, but a made flush even more likely because he's only getting even money on the sidepot making a draw less likely.

Assuming you call, ricky will come over the top, and then you have to put him on the made A or K flush, and its time to get out. I know it feels like you cant fold because you are pot committed but this is one time when I run and hide and be thankful that the bigger of the 2 stacks was behind me and saved me 1900 chips and a chance to come back.