View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Quirky blind steal battle - A9o

i know no one ever wants to give someone a free card, but i think he'll often charge himself here by bluffing the river anyways. while i admit i didn't put much weight into the c/r often but betting relatively little thing, i think it's still unlikely that a player like this doesn't bet the river after the turn gets checked through. he's so untrustworthy that i don't feel totally comfortable folding on the river even if he c/r's the turn, but my hand is definitely not strong enough for me to want to give him the option of putting a bunch of BB in on the big streets. of course we don't know he's going to checkraise, but after he checks again on that card it seems like a c/r is pretty obvious from this guy. look at the board... i know he c/r's a lot but that turn card really wasn't a good one.

i wouldn't 3-bet the flop against this player because it sounds like he'll glady c/r the turn, and now you're definitely putting in too many bets unnecessarily. if he's going to go for another c/r on the turn often, i can call the flop c/r then decide whether i want two bets to go in on the turn when i see what falls... calling usually keeps you in control of the hand anyways.