View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Quirky blind steal battle - A9o

Hmm. I'm thinking that if we're ahead, there's a good chance on this board that Villain has a fair number of outs against us. And if he has a fair number of outs (or even if he just thinks he does), it seems like there's a good chance we're getting checkraised again.

If we're behind, we're also probably getting checkraised.

If Villain has four outs and complete garbage, then I guess maybe a bet will take it down.

But a check could encourage BB to bet whatever he has on the river, at which point we can decide whether to call or raise, depending on how much we like the river card. I'd rather have Villain stay in for free with a 4-outer if he'll fire with it on the river unimproved.

The main potential advantage to betting that I see is that Villain might charge himself 2 BBs to see the river with a hand like Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which would be more profitable for us than checking and snapping off a 1 BB pure bluff from Villain on the river (well, it's more profitable so long as we don't let Villain steal the pot from us on the river following a turn checkraise).

I don't really know where we stand on the turn, though (it's quite possible we're the one who is drawing).

I think I like checking the turn and then calling unimproved on the river.