View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: SEC probes Doyle

Personally, I'm a little bit apprehensive about confidently declaring somebody is guilty before a conviction. Heck, not even all the facts are known. Doyle Brunson has previously conceded he's prone to making poor business decisions (independent of playing poker) and this quite possibly could be one of them?

Sadly, many posters seem delighted in this man's potential downfall. This leaves me confounded as Doyle's ruin could also negatively impact the poker community (which I assume these posters could belong to). My personal hope is that he's exonerated and the stock thrives instead of ultimately being delisted. I would like to see poker continue to grow and gain acceptance by ordinary Americans (and American politicians). Given Doyle's position and influence on poker, it seems self-defeating for enthusiasts to hope for his ruin. I fear a conviction would have a substantial and lasting negative impact that extends far beyond Doyle and a handful of Wall Street grifters.

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even very trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."