Thread: another newbe
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 01:26 AM

Default another newbe

Hi everyone! I know you don't know me, however, I have been reading the 2+2 forms ever since I came upon the book SSHE! This was the best thing that could have happened to be, as I don't have anyone to discuss plays, strategies, or anything about poker. I have learned so much just from reading the post. I admire everyone that post here and their willingness to help those of us that are much less fortunate in their ability as poker players.

I learned about PT here, also, and I am in the beginning stages of trying to learn how to use it. I only have a little over 2k hands recorded on PT and I know that is not enough stats to really tell anything about where I am making the most mistakes, however, I would really appreciate any help or suggestions anyone may have. I seem to be taking one step forward and about fifteen backwards, or something like that, I just know something is very wrong.

Here are what stats that I have, again, I know 2k hands are not really worth discussing, but I would really appreciate some help on what I need to work on... VP$IP 19.44, VP$ISB 34.73, W$SF 29.59, WTSD 32.26, W$SD 47.51, PFR 3.22, BB/100 -2.56.

I finally figured out the hand converter, so I will post a hand that I played this evening. The entire table turned over in about one orbit, therefore, I don't have a good read on SB. What hands I saw him play he was somewhat loose and aggressive... sorry, I don't have any more information than that.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Sorry about the long post and I thank you for taking the time to read it. Please forgive me for all of the mistakes I made in making this post... it is my first... thanks!!