View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: NCAA BB Game of the Century - Louisville +2 vs. Kentucky

[ QUOTE ]
Your hubris is what roped people in, that's what you need to understand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I see. I apologize for that...the title of the thread was done somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and also reflects that around here (Kentucky) every UK-U of L game is like the game to end all games. I was very careful not to call it a lock because I see how ppl get flamed around here when they do that, lol, and I understand why, but still...when Scalf did his "electronic security device" picks or someone else does something like that, it's all in good fun, that was my intent. Maybe next time I'll title it the "Game of All Eternity" just for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That said, it was a really strong play for me...I'd rate it in my top ten for this year, though not the very top.

[ QUOTE ]
A great team has good enough depth and talent to withstand and counteract foul trouble/injuries/bad shooting etc. which are all part of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true in other sports, or even NCAA BB 10 years ago, but not currently. The talent pool in college is so thin that even the best teams only have a few really good players, even fewer good bigs...you take Redick off Duke, Rondo off UK, Gibson off Texas (see today's game), etc., and those teams are really going to struggle.

And I don't know very many teams that can counteract 9/37 shooting through 25 minutes, although some of the credit obviously goes to Kentucky for that.