Old 12-18-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Running it twice...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good idea if:

It doesn't slow the game down too much.
You can't handle variance.
If someone in the hand goes broke, the game would break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think "You can't handle variance" is relevant. If you can't handle the variance, you shouldn't be in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, fine, you have a point, but on the other hand I can sit down with 200 bucks, and while I can handle losing it, that also has to mean my night is over, and frankly I'd like to not drop it in one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry Greenstein made a good point a few months ago when he was on L@TB. If you always allow people to run the cards multiple times they do not fear your raises. They think that they are all right moving in or calling with draws because chances are they will at least 1/3rd of the pot (if you run it 3 times). I see it all the time with Mo our NL host at the bike. He'll always run the cards multiple times (and most people will comply) and that allows him to move over the top with little fear. It is true that multiple runs do not change the EV one iota but there is definitely an "image" argument against it.

It also makes for a less exciting show which is why I try to discourage the players from doing it--lol.