View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Million Guaranteed hand:

About 65 people left in the million guaranteed, average stack is in the range of 35-45k and I'm sitting on 27,000T in the BB with KQo.

Blinds 1000/2000.

UTG has about 70k and this is the 2nd time I've played with him. He likes to limp most broadway cards, and he limps. Folded to button and he calls, SB folds and we see a Q97 flop 3 way, rainbow.

The button I don't have a great read on. The table has been incredibly tight preflop, but I've been sitting here for an hour and he's yet to raise the button when folded to him which was often. If I had to guess he was a player who qualified through a satellite and might be out of his element, but that's just a guess.

I check with the intention of going for a c/r here, UTG fires 10k into the 7500 chip pot, and the button flat calls.

Who goes with it? I'm slightly below average and winning here would give me a great shot at a FT, since I'd be almost double the average where everyone is playing scared. But while I read UTG as being able to play any two broadway here, my read could be wrong and he's definately interested in the hand. QJ, Q10 and J10 are the only hands I'm ahead of (I'm thinking he raises AQ), and the button smooth call, means most likely J10 or a set.