View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: What really is my bankroll?

thanks for all the replies.

i think i really do have a problem with spending money, i only really spend money going out. for example, if i think about buying a jumper for £30/$55 i usually wont, but i have no problem going out and spending £50/$90 regular getting off my face with my mates. i havent had a week spending less than $200 for god knows how long, with it usually being about $350.

i suppose i view money as just so variable, and understandly so i think, and especially after a few drinks, i have no problem blowing the money.

as for my bankroll, im surprised by those saying i have $0 bankroll. im just saying i honestly do think i am a very good online player (as we all do i suppose), ive been playing for now 4 years and last 15 months of serious regular profit, before that i played play money then break even, maybe slightly up at .50-1NL.

i agree with one of the above posters that my bankroll is about $5,000, as that is what i can comfortably lose.

i just feel its irrating that i really do feel i can win at higher limits, and cant due to my bankroll limitations, but i will never play above my bankroll, as otherwise one day i will go bust.

anyways, i think im not playing at the limits i was hoping i would be considering the amount ive won, no jokes ive barely ever played higher than the 200 sit downs, and you cant win 85 buy ins without being a good player. Ive had a lot of experience online and just think i can win at higher limits. So i think its time to really stop spending so much, stop spend so much of my time watching crap tv, and really try and either be: working for uni studies, playing online, or with my mates. thats what i do at the moment, it just feels when i look back on the day so many times ive done very little work, not enough time online, and a lot of time off my face/hungover in bed.

anyways, thanks for the replies, and if anyone feels like staking me for $20K, im here waiting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]