View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Milking a set for the super #1 ev.

This is a small stakes game but I'm putting it here because I really want to talk theory. I don't know if I played this optimally.

Full Tilt Poker Game #341018633: Table Whispering Sands - $3/$6 - Limit Hold'em - 19:12:13 ET - 2005/12/17
hello2kings posts the small blind of $1.50
Floater37 posts the big blind of $3
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BeakerBoy [6h 6c]
englihsflavor calls $3
kedwards calls $3
perm22 folds
momofbaboo folds
BeakerBoy calls $3
silentbill folds
hello2kings calls $1.50
Floater37 checks
*** FLOP *** [Qh 4c 6s]
hello2kings bets $3
Floater37 folds
englihsflavor calls $3
kedwards calls $3
BeakerBoy raises to $6
hello2kings calls $3
englihsflavor raises to $9

This is where I want to end the play by play. The cards that come after don't matter. I won the hand. Whoopee.

Here's the question. Someone just limp reraised me and I'm certain I still have the best hand.
Should I cap?

If I cap the other two still in the hand will have to call two bets cold. They might suddenly wise up and fold, which really hurts me. But more importantly is this: capping puts me in the dominant position which means there's a good chance the rest of the table will roll over and show their bellies the rest of the hand.

That's exactly what happened. I thought for a few seconds and capped. Two called, one folded. Checked to me on the turn, I bet. Checked to me on the river, I bet.

So what if I don't cap? Do you think the limp re-raiser bets out on the turn still thinking he has the best hand? I think this is a strong possibility. Plus there's still an extra small bet in from the 4th player (the one who did fold to two SB but wouldn't have for one).

But now what? Raise and have the others call two bets cold? This might happen. Or two might fold and I get one in for 2BB.

I'm trying to figure out, in general, what the best plan is. Cap the flop means 1BB per person the rest of the way down. Call the 3 bet means the possibility of 2BB per person but there's obviously a greater liklihood of the early players folding to 2BB.

So what do you all think?