View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Is this standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you and flawless elaborate if you see this?

[/ QUOTE ]
i have Qhigh, i want him to fold fold... turn come ace... i raise hoping he will fold many many hands that beat Qhigh but are drawing slim against a pair of aces... i realize u understand, but ive had this turn semibluff work sooo many times on this board, it is unbelievable... so many.
u have a gutter to the nizzle and some decnt pair outs for extra equity... all in all, seems like a standard play.

[/ QUOTE ]

in general i underestimate the effect of unpaired cards. i did a little basic math and KQ/KJ with a chance of QT/QJ/JT alone make it worthwhile. and that doesn't include the times he has KK

so here is a question for you. i now agree raising is better than folding, but what about calling? if he bets again on the river, we lose. if he checks, we autobet any river but a K and ahve invested 2 bets either way. by doing this we are able to save 1 bet the times he has a good hand, but get him to check-fold nearly every time that he has KQ/KJ. i don't see a straightforward TAG firing 3 times with KQ/KJ and i don't see him c/c them on the river either