View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: My First MTT win --- Three key hands (Little long)

**grunching**

Hand 1: Raise preflop, limps signify extreme weakness at this level of blinds; you would like to win this pot right now. After he bets 900 on the turn I think you have to push or fold. He doesn't have to have a 7 here after he pushes all in; if he calls you hes pot-stuck and has no chips left so he might as well push if he's calling. You have to call the last 1300 after you raise it up. I can't believe the button called 2000 and folded for the last 1300, what a terrible player.

Hand 2: Bet bet bet. Raise to more than 2x preflop, bet the flop. If he calls you can check behind on flop and if he checks to you on the river I would value bet the pair of kings. The river check is bad on your part but not horrible, he's probably not calling without a pair of aces, and he would probably be betting if he paired before the river. IMO you have to bet *something* because he hasn't played the hand like he has an ace. If he's extremely passive then a check is probably in order.

Hand 3: Risky call for almost all your chips, but its probably a good one. I'm partially biased by your subject line; since I know you won the tourney I'm assuming you beat him on this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Hard to put villian on a hand other than overcards, overpair lower than yours, or a flush draw. Sucks if he has a set though....you need some kind of read to make this call.

Congrats on the win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve