View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: NCAA BB Game of the Century - Louisville +2 vs. Kentucky

This might be up for the most inaccurate post of all time award.

There's not much I can say about the Rupp Arena argument except that if you rewrote and posted the exact opposite, it would be true. By any account of players or coaches, Kentucky is the between the #2 and #4 toughest away courts in the country.

Did you even watch the games you're talking about? UNC is a very legitimate team (Ill. game, anyone?), despite their youth. If you don't believe me, believe Vegas. Check the lines on their games. UK never really struggled with Lipscomb, despite the score. They beat a tough West VA team. I will concede the drumming of IU, though it was largely a product of an anomaly 2-27 on 3 pt. Kentucky was only down 15 in the final minutes, IU ran up the score in the final 1:30, and if UK had played a poor, as opposed to atrocrious, game from beyond the arc it would have been close. UK's lost to Kansas last year was by all measures a close one, I'm mystified that you couldn't agree with that.

Kentucky effectively walloped UL today. Might your faulty prediction have to do with the inaccuracy of anything you posted above?